Check out The Biggest Fall Events and Festivals in Philadelphia in 2018! Neighborhoods across the city celebrate the arrival of sweater weather with community-centric fall festivals (Midtown Village
5 Tips For Gardening On The Cheap
Here are a few ways to get the most bang for your buck.Here are five tips for frugal gardeners:
1. Work with what you have. Take cuttings and collect seeds from existing plants. This is the best way to fill out a space and stretch your gardening dollar. Certain plants, like succulents, mint, and spider plants are basically foolproof, while others require certain conditions for success.
2. Try a plant swap or seed exchange. Many communities host actual events, or you can find a virtual version on sites like Folia and Garden Web.
3. Check out the Farm and Garden section of Craigslist. It's great for picking up physical supplies like pavers, pots, and fencing, but also plants and leftover sod as well.
4. Use recycled materials. For indoor gardens, use leftover containers— like pretty tea tins— to hold plants that don't require much water, such as cacti and succulents. Leftover pieces of wood from home projects also make great planter boxes, or help define borders in the yard. I recently picked up a pallet to create a vertical succulent garden on our patio.
5. Make sure your money doesn't go to waste. Give the plants you do purchase the best chance of success by paying attention to their needs. If you have beating sun in your yard, stay away from shade-loving plants. And if you are known for neglecting your garden, native plants have the best chance for survival.
We are so much more than a full service real estate firm; we're a group of talented people with a passion for finding the best way of living. People who make every effort to help you live who you are.....
Latest Blog Posts
Germantown has many landmark and historic buildings and some of them have been vacant for some time. There’s the Germantown Town Hall building, which resembles the original Philadelphia