Check out The Biggest Fall Events and Festivals in Philadelphia in 2018! Neighborhoods across the city celebrate the arrival of sweater weather with community-centric fall festivals (Midtown Village
Super Bowl Takeout
This Sunday, February 2, the Seattle Seahawks face the Denver Broncos at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey — kickoff is at 6:30 p.m. sharp.In Philadelphia, the Super Bowl will be a festive affair thanks to so many of Philly’s favorite restaurants offering incredible specials either at the bar or at your door.Whether you watch for the sport, the commercials or the half-time act, pick a spread of good eats to get you through the game.
Super Bowl Take-Out• Percy Street Barbecue: South Street barbecue joint Percy Street Barbecue deals in expertly cured, sauced, smoked and grilled meats, making the destination a natural choice for pigskin-worthy take-out. On Super Bowl Sunday, February 2, Percy Street awards at-home diners with a free rack of ribs (ordinarily $22) with all to-go orders over $100. Plus, every additional $100 in take-out over than initial hundred earns another free rack of ribs, including catering orders placed with 48 hours of notice.
• Ela: In Queen Village, chef Jason Cichonski’s chic neighborhood bistro Ela gets in on the Super Bowl action with a special pre-order option for its winning wings. Order up wings online by the dozen now through Saturday at 4 p.m., and pick ‘em up on either Saturday or Sunday between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. For just $10 a dozen, the only hard choice is which sauce to order: burnt honey and lime, truffle Parmesan and herb, classic with house-made hot sauce, spicy salted caramel or coq au vin with red wine, thyme, bacon and caramelized onion.
• Fette Sau: Just in time for Super Bowl Sunday, Stephen Starr and Joe Carroll’s Fishtown barbecue haven Fette Sau debuts brand-new catering offerings, bringing full, smoky flavor right to fans’ doorsteps. Catering packages are now available for as few as six people with meat by the pound, in increments of five and 10 pounds, plus all the sides and sweets to accompany. Orders should be placed 48 hours in advance for off-site catering, including the number of game-day packages, which start at $185 for a complete meal for six to eight people.
• Joe’s Steaks + Soda Shop: For Philadelphians who can’t imagine watching a football game without a cheesesteak in hand, Joe’s Steaks + Soda Shop has an appealing take-out option. Joe’s now offers build-your-own cheesesteak kits, which come unassembled and include cooked steak (beef or chicken), Liscio’s rolls, choice of cheese, onions, pickles, peppers, ketchup and chips. Sides of sauce, mushrooms, lettuce and tomato are also available for an additional charge. Starting at $90 for kits that supply 10 to 15 people, it’s a super way to feed a crowd. Plus, on Super Bowl Sunday, all kits come with an order of free fries.
• Federal Donuts: The Birds may not be on the field on Sunday, but fans can nod to the home team with an order of crispy fried chicken from Federal Donuts. Pick up the one-two combination of doughnuts and fried chicken to chow down on at home, and place orders in advance for both locations through Friday at 5 p.m. by emailing [email protected].
• Paesano’s: Satiate that hunger for great sandwiches at Paesano’s Philly Style, chef Peter McAndrews award-winning eateries on Girard Avenue in Fishtown and in the Italian Market. For Super Bowl Sunday, order up a package to feed 15 people for $75. The sweet sandwich spread includes pulled pork, beef brisket, roasted potatoes, two packs of Tastykakes, soda and water. Folks should allow 24 hours prior to pick-up or delivery for all orders.
• Wursthaus Schmitz: At Reading Terminal Market the options for prepared foods abound, but awesome sandwiches and sides from Wursthaus Schmitz might be the best bet. Order up a grill-ready package of bratwurst, knackwurst, bauernwurst, kielbasa or other sausage with all the fixings for $60 (which feeds 5-8 people) or $115 (feeds 12-15). Just call 215-922-4287 to order, or Wursthaus caters off-site events, too, if you’re planning an epic bash.
We are so much more than a full service real estate firm; we're a group of talented people with a passion for finding the best way of living. People who make every effort to help you live who you are.....
Latest Blog Posts
Germantown has many landmark and historic buildings and some of them have been vacant for some time. There’s the Germantown Town Hall building, which resembles the original Philadelphia